Friday, March 23, 2012

The Vessel



Why the Vessel?

Definition :
a: craft for traveling on water, now usually one larger than an ordinary rowboat; a ship or boat.

b : a person into whom some quality (as grace) is infused "a child of light, a true vessel of the Lord "— H. J. Laski

Well, this piece was designed for the Japan Tsunami Relief gala in DC. It is about transformation. Which I have done. I am the craft, I have traveled spiritually within and I am back. Also I must add, my true inspiration, was another great battle we are facing here for years in my view.

Currently, I am surrounded by victims of cancer. That darn CANCER. I hate the word. I am so very blessed not to have that journey to battle. Unfortunately, many people we know are. And though they do not need your pity, they sure need your love, compassion and empathy. They need your strength, and most of all support.

So through my own battles, I created this image. It is devoted to all that suffer. I was given a gift, an inspiration, through signs that I was lucky to see. If I didn't, my amazing daughter was right there to point them out to me or again, a bird to snap me out of it. This image is what I imagine that's what it must have felt to have not home, or hope w/all this darkness but then there is a little color somewhere. This is what the piece "The Vessel" is about.


We can not feel sorry for ourselves or others, we must take action. Now. Forget the past, live in the present and look forward w/acceptance of the future, with no regrets.
Talk to one another from the heart, and return from the heart. Honestly, not expecting a gain.

I hope this little bird will inspire you to be someone's rainbow. Because as you know, what is at the end of the rainbow? Gold or better yet, new beginning. God taught us that. And if you don't believe in God, then watch Wizard of Oz, that rainbow rocks and I wanna go there. Don't you?

Faith, hope, empathy and best of all selfless love. Embrace it, and then give it away, it's totally free!




Make a difference today:
http://www.hanami-afterdark.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment