Thursday, March 8, 2012

Rainbows and Birds=hope.


Well, I haven't been on my blog in a while. It's be a rough patch for me. But with all the bad, has come some great. I'm didn't get the snapfish account to design cards for them, that's okay, moved on to bigger things. An amazing chance to curate the show of my dreams with my idols and colleagues I respect and honor.

How? Well, after being at this Annie's awards , good friend invited us to. I was reminded of one thing I truly am passionate about. I meant the nicest guy who reminded me, what I was good at, and it's getting people together with talent, and a voice. I always said I'd open a gallery to showcase theses voices and let the public appreciated. Well, the universe has blessed me w/the ultimate show and where? In DC. How can get it any better? Well, meeting Michelle Obama and having dinner w/the family.. but maybe reaching a bit high.

Along with that comes speed bumps, I hit a few challenges that have taught me a lot about egos, divas, you name it. Its a shame. But I realize hey, I'm actually a nice girl w/humble needs. I'd be my friend. Just don't piss me off but I'm not a bad human being. I have realized how much I really have grown up. And well, thank goodness, because there are alot of selfish folks out there who can't appreciate the gifts they are given. They can't just stop loving themselves and massaging their egos. Wow, they are out there for real.

Anyhow. I am happier for it. I will stay in touch, my two feet grounded on earth and not let any of this fun project get to my head, if I get snobby, slap me down to reality. I beg you.

Best of all its my roots that keep me grounded but reaching high. It's the prejudice I've received and experienced that make me want to prove, don't tell me I can't do it. So were there is a will (and its what got me through ArtCenter) there is a way. Don't let anyone tell you any different!!! EVER. Remember that.

Learn more about the show and the great talent involved. http://www.hanami-afterdark.org I thank my pal Mr. S.D for giving trusting wings to fly with this amazing opportunity and feel so blessed to have you in my life, thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment